At Wild West, food PR is our bread and butter (excuse the pun). We’re lucky to be working with some amazing food brands, both in the southwest and outside of the county. But we’re not selfish – we want to share the love and inspire you with a selection of our favourite client recipes. This week we’re feeling fruity, so here’s a delectable concoction from Kelly’s.
[mk_image src=”https://www.wildwestcomms.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/BERRY-SALAD-BRANDY-SNAP.jpg” image_width=”400″ image_height=”400″ crop=”true” lightbox=”false” frame_style=”simple” target=”_self” caption_location=”inside-image” align=”left” margin_bottom=”10″]
For the brandy snaps cups:
110g golden syrup
110g flour, sifted
juice of 1 lemon
pinch of ground ginger
For the berry salad:
juice of 1 lemon
fresh mint leaves
Kelly’s of Cornwall Clotted Cream ice cream
- Hull and quarter the strawberries and place in a serving bowl with the other fruits. Make a quick syrup by melting the sugar, lemon juice with 2 to 3 tbsp of water. Once the sugar is melted, set aside and leave to cool. Once cool, pour over the fruits and leave to rest for at least an hour. Now make the brandy snap cups..
- Preheat oven to 190ºC. Line a large baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the sugar, butter and syrup together. Remove from the heat and add the flour.
- Add the ginger and the lemon juice. Place a tsp of the mixture onto the baking sheet, leaving room for the mixture to spread. You may need to make two batches. Bake for around 5 or 6 minutes or until they are golden brown. Remove from the oven and when cool enough to handle, scoop each biscuit up with a knife and lightly press inside a small cup to shape, remove and place on a cooling rack, repeat for each brandy snap cup.
- To serve, place a brandy snap cup on a plate, fill with fruit.
Add a scoop of Kelly’s of Cornwall Clotted Cream Ice Cream and spoon over a little juice. Decorate with fresh mint leaves.
Words: Ellie Glason